Q: What are Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection services, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
Q: What are my choices?
You have three options:
• Choose OPT IN to continue receiving Overdraft Services for ATM and everyday debit card transactions (an overdraft fee will apply).
• Do nothing to have us DECLINE any ATM withdrawals or Debit Card purchases that exceed your balance.
• Or, choose to apply for a Community Cash line of credit, or Automatic Transfers from Savings or other accounts to cover the overdraft (ask us for more information – may require a separate application for credit approval or link to your savings account).
Q: If I do nothing, what are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
• Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
• Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
• ATM transactions
• Everyday debit card transactions
If you do not authorize us to pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
Q: What fees will I be charged if Visalia Community Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
• We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
• Also, if the account is overdrawn for 3 consecutive business days, we charge a fee of $10.00 for each business day your account is overdrawn -$100.00 or more.
• The Bank will not charge Overdraft/NSF fees for transactions of any amount that that will overdraw an account less than $10.00.
• You will not be charged more than $150.00 in Overdraft/NSF fees per day.
Q: What if I want Visalia Community Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, visit www.vcb.com, or complete the form, present it at any one of our branches or mail it to Visalia Community Bank P.O. Box 1311, Visalia, Ca 93279.
Q: Are there other ways to have my overdrafts paid?
Yes! You can apply for our Community Cash line of credit, which automatically advances a loan into your checking account if your balance falls below zero.
Or, if you prefer, you can link your savings account with us to your checking account, which will automatically transfer money into your checking account from savings in the event of an overdraft.
Ask us about these additional options. (Community Cash may require application and credit approval. Linking your savings or other accounts for automatic transfers may require additional authorizations).
Q: What happens if I do nothing?
If you do nothing, we will decline debit card purchases and ATM transactions if they exceed the available balance in your account. You can change your mind, and OPT-IN at any time
Q: How can I Opt-In?
You can call us to authorize overdraft services or fill out the form, which you can mail or drop off at a branch.